The 12th Annual 2015 Texas Eggfest is here - Don’t miss out on this once a year spectacular event!
Camp Ben McCulloch (web site)
18301 FM 1826,
Driftwood, TX 78619
Click Here for directions
- A century old Event & Camping Facility directly across from the World Famous Salt Link BBQ Restaurant.
- Two beautiful, rustic covered pavilions, dozens of picnic tables clustered around the pavilions, and plenty of shaded areas.
- Enough room to park a thousand cars. On-site camping is available.
- NO GLASS PERMITTED ON SITE. You can BYOB!
- This is a very picturesque Texas Hill Country location with Onion Creek bordering the campground.
What to Eggspect at the Texas Eggfest 2015
1. An amazing array of food all cooked on the Big Green Egg by Egg Heads! 100 Eggs will be cooking with 150 Cooks expected this year!
2. Texas Eggfest University - Egg Heads cooking is the Heart of the Festival, but Texas Eggfest University is the Brains! 6 great classes taught by some very special teachers. Check back periodically as we will be updating with more information on the teachers and subjects.
3. A Great Band playing Great Music!
4. Door prizes, a Big Green Egg raffle and great crowd favorite prizes for the Cook Teams.
5. Entertainment for the kids
ALL PROCEEDS TO BENEFIT CAPITAL AREA FOOD BANK!!!
Friday: April 24th 6:00pm-8:00pm: Cook teams Meet and Greet at Camp Ben McCulloch
Saturday: April 25th Festival Hours 10am-3pm
Cooks Sign In at Event - Eggs are lit: 7:00 - 9:00am
Tasters and Festival Attendees Come on in:10:00am
Crowd Favorite Announced: 2:00pm
Cooling down of the Eggs: 2:30 - 3:30pm
Demo Eggs Picked up: 3:30 - 5:30pm - Please be patient as there are many eggs to cool down and load. We’ll expedite as fast as possible but plan on being there from 3:30 - 5:30!
Note: Fesitival Attendees and Cooks are welcome to camp at the event and may form their own activities, but please recognize that Texas Eggfest & BBQ Outfitters will be extremely busy and support will not be available for any after hour activities.
EggFest University Schedule
10:00 - Solomon (Soulman) Abdo - Fredo's Ristorante - Pizza
11:00 - Chris Randall and Bob Carroll - (Former Executive Chef of Laundry Steamboat Springs and Owner of BBQ Outfitters) - Egg 101
12:00 - John Henry - Stuffed Ribeye
1:00 - Matt Pittman - Meat Church - Mother Clucker Chicken
2:00 - Lee Hereford - Pedernales Brewing Company - REK Pork Roll and Beer Paring
3:00 - Special Guest
Master Of Ceremonies: JIM SWIFT, formerly of KXAN and the ongoing series "On the Porch"
Special Thanks To Our Sponsors: